Re: tyvek

At 01:10 PM 6/15/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I missed the discussion on tyvek. I have heard the name but what exactly is
>it and how is it used.
>Thanks.

Marsha,

I missed the discussion on tyvek as well. But, for what it's worth, Tyvek
is a building material manufactured by one of the big chemical companies...
Dupont, I believe. It's used as a sort of house wrap. You may be more
familiar with it as the strange, tough material used to make those Priority
Mail envelopes available at the US Postal Service.

Anyway, Tyvek takes acrylic colors real well, and it can be used as a
covering material, much like bookcloth. I've not had a whole lot of
experience with it, so anyone else out there who knows better, please
elaborate further. With enough trickery, you can make it look an awful lot
like vellum, if you're into woodgrain formica, silk flowers, and other
things that imitate things they are not. Exactly.

John Cutrone
Red Wagon Press
http://www.redwagonpress.com