Re: a question about phone numbers

Cara

Back in the 60s, I attended Langues Orientales in Paris and lived just
south of Paris in Montgeron.

The phone number that I can remember from that time for outside Paris,
is 133 a Luzarches, groupement de Beaumont-sur-Oise.  I remember
having to go through the operator to reach that number.
(I remember the number only because we had an minor automobile
accident on a trip and had to leave the car there for repairs --
phoning the auto repair shop everyday to check on the progress of the
repairs -- amazing what sticks in the memory!)

I've still got guidebooks and other info at home that I can check for
you tonight for Paris phone numbers.

Cheers. Edith

Edith Fuller
Librarian, Professional Library