dyed papers

Hello, folks! Sometimes I use dyed papers in my books.
I immerse them in a rectangular tub but have to keep
lifting them out of the water and rearranging to keep
the dye moving and not leave white areas that have not
been touched. Does anyone have a better idea on how to
dye without this wet paper manipulating? I have only a
little space to spread out into.
Thanks for your collective input.

carrie valenzuela
amaranth press and bindery