Re: The Intimidators

I was away for a few days,  turned off the list, so I missed the original
posting. But I had to respond.

Thank you Charles for this wonderful letter. I know I hold back
for exactly the same reason, having been on the recieving end
of some of those refered to. I have a hard time being attacked,
I think most people do. But there are some for whom argument is
intellectual sport.  I have been in the book arts community
though for a long time, and I know it goes with the territory.
As an artist/educator, the arrogance factor amazes me. But I know
I can also be abrupt, and have to watch myself too. Also sometimes
things read badly in email, and perhaps  more harshly than were intended.
There really are no bad questions.
No one learns how to make books  in the womb.
I know what I know, only because of those generous
enough to share their information.
We learn from each other.
Regards
Miriam Schaer