Libraries & Culture online

Dear All,

I don't know if this has been announced yet, but "Libraries & Culture" has
launched a web site at
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/~landc/bookplateindex.htm, edited by Professor
Donald G. Davis, Jr., University of Texas at Austin.

Libraries & Culture is an interdisciplinary journal that explores the
significance of collections of recorded knowledge--their creation,
organization, preservation, and utilization--in the context of cultural and
social history, unlimited as to time and place.

The journal includes feature essays and articles, book reviews,
announcements, and, on every edition a new rare/interesting bookplate on
its cover. Online, the bookplates include descriptive information: creator,
owner, date of creation and use, and historical significance. (I am
thrilled by the number of Indian bookplates!!)

dd