Zapfest lecture with Larry Brady is ON

Dear Friends:

With the intent of getting the information in this message speedily to all
those who are interested in attending the Zapfest event this weekend, I am
sending this message to a large email list that your name is on. If you are
outside the San Francisco area or do not particularly care about Zapfest,
please forgive this intrusion.

The Zapfest Lecture scheduled for tomorrow, September 15, is STILL ON. Larry
Brady, the speaker, is driving here to San Francisco from his home in the
Los Angeles area. His flight was indeed cancelled late last night, but he
and Marsha are making this extra effort to get here by car.

The lecture is scheduled for Saturday (tomorrow) at 2:00 pm, in the Koret
Auditorium in the lower level of the San Francisco Public Library. It is
free and open to the public. See our website for more details:
http://www.zapfest.com/

If you are anywhere near San Francisco, please come to this lecture. In this
time of sadness, it may do us all good to celebrate life, work, and art--and
to be with each other, friends and colleagues.

Many of you have been concerned, and I want to let you know the Zapfs are
still in San Francisco. The flight back to their home in Germany was
scheduled for yesterday, but was cancelled. They are on a waiting list to
fly sometime next week. They are well and safe, and as you might expect,
understanding of the situation.

The library is OPEN, and the exhibition is good. The opening was a big
success, and the other events have also been wonderful. Once again, thank
you to all who have supported Zapfest.

Calligraphically & typographically yours,

Zapfest committee