Re: Watch that footage

>     My point is, regarding the pictures of the children celebrating: We
> Americans must NEVER be seen celebrating as those children seemed to be.
>     OK, I'm done with the soapbox. Someone else want it?

When I first saw the footage, my first thought was that famous photograph of
VJ Day, the celebrants on the streets.  The victory came immediately after
we dropped 2 nuclear bombs on Japan.  But people were celebrating 'victory',
it's a very abstract concept, but one that was based on killing a lot of
innocent people.

If these seem like fightin' words, they are not meant to be.  We all act and
react based on what we know, which is never the whole truth.

To Richard Minsky's suggestion that we seek out other news sources, yes,
yes, and yes!  It's easy enough to go to google and search for whatever
country's news you're interested in.  You might get only the 'official'
line, but at least you know what the official line is.

Shu-Ju
<http://www.fingerstothebone.com>