Current Events

Just got back from a long, wonderful, day away from the computer. It's been
a horrific week for everyone, and on many levels. Speaking for myself, what
happens next scares me far more than what happened. Talking about events is
part of a healing process, and while not topically related to this list, is
very important. To those of you who wrote so eloquently, thank you.
However, what I do not want to see, and will not let happen is that we
start sliding down a slippery slope of finger pointing and provocation, of
whatever ilk. Our politicians, and influential others, are doing just fine
for all of us.

Instead, what would interest me is what people are doing to try to work
this out through their work. I have a work-study student who is an art
major, and very interested in the book who started obsessively creating a
series drawings of the event. Richard Minsky has tackled many political
topics in his work. What are others doing?

Please, let's preserve a sense of dignity through all this.

Thank you for your understanding, and cooperation.

Peter
Listowner, Book_Arts-L

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>