Re: Off Topic..."Breathing....."

Mary Godfrey wrote:

>are the ceremonies  you mentioned of Hawaiian culture?

Yes. Morrnah was a Kahuna Lapa'au, or healing master. I studied with her in New
York and Hawaii in 1983-84. She died in 1992.  In traditional Hawaiian culture
these practitioners performed as doctors, psychiatrists, social workers and
priests.

Centuries before Freud and Jung, these practices evolved to balance the
relationship of the unconscious (unihipili), conscious (uhane) and
superconscious (aumakua), with the aid of the group unconscious (poe aumakua, or
council of aumakuas) and the Divine Creator. Early Hawaiian-English dictionaries
translated all these Hawaiian words as "a god or spirit." In the 20th c. the
vocabulary of psychology was applied to these terms as a closer match. There are
books and websites on the Huna and Ho' oponopono that you can find on a google
search. I haven't reviewed any of them or I'd have included a link. As with
anything, one expects there are better and worse ones.

As a total system it provides a practical understanding of many events,
experiences and practices that are sometimes viewed by other cultures as
supernatural, sorcery, or parapsychology.   To my limited knowledge and study,
the practices and principles are not in conflict with any personal observations
of reality, or with Qabalah and other systems of religious mysticism.

If you have further interest I could tell a personal story.

--

 Richard
 http://www.minsky.com