Re: Off Topic..."Breathing....."

Mary Godfrey wrote:

>I'd like to hear the personal story you mentioned.
>If you feel it is not "list-worthy" please contact me off list.

Clearly there are subscribers who are upset at off-topic postings, and perhaps
at this time of oversaturated media a list like this should be a refuge where
one can find familiar and safe subjects. I have therefore posted my reply to
Mary's request at:

http://minsky.com/heiau.htm

I will, however, comment on the issue of politics and book art. This is, after
all, a discussion list about book arts, not a how-to site on book crafts, not a
list limited to free instructional tips about bookbinding. Art is about content
as well as form. I believe that Peter's query about how the artists are
responding to current events set the stage for messages that address political
issues as they relate to forthcomig work, or even to the inability to do any
work. Katie's posting is a good example. At a turning point in world history one
would expect artists to engage in a LOT of discussion about what it means and
how it will impact their work.

--

 Richard
 http://www.minsky.com