Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 14 Sep 2001 to 15 Sep 2001 (#2001-247)

In a message dated 9/15/01 11:13:55 PM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<< Instead, what would interest me is what people are doing to try to work
this out through their work.  >>

I've been at my desk in the studio - making die & jigsaw puzzles...trying to
make pieces of a series of images that are etched in my brain - somehow fit
together.
I can't help but see all that has happened this week as a crap shoot - who
lived/who died -  I could have been in those buildings just as easily as
where I was instead - in my living room watching it all happen in front of me
as the WTC used to be the view out my windows.  So:  I'm making die (dice) -
& puzzles - with images and words.

I must also add that I've been at the desk all week and the end of each day
as I get ready to go upstairs to my baby, I look at whatever has been done -
and feel frustrated...
- I'm not sure that good work can come out of this numbness but I'm not sure
that is the point either.

- Robbin Ami Silverberg
Dobbin Mill/ Dobbin Books
Brooklyn, NY