FW: CNN's denial of reusing footage

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paulo Reb=EAlo" <listas@REBELO.JOR.BR>
To: <SPJ-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: CNN's denial of reusing footage

Greetings,

It is definitely not true that CNN shot the images in 1991. Those images
are not from 1991, those images are real and from now. Just pay attention
to some details and you'll notice. There's the Pepsi machine, there're
those new cars which didn't exist back in 1991.

Four days ago, someone posted a message at Indymedia.org -- and possibly
some other international sites -- telling about this "conspiracy". This
guy, named Marcio A. V. Carvalho from State University of Campinas, in
Brazil, simply does not exist. We've been trying to contact him and the
University since the message came up. He doesn't exist and nobody even
knows if this fellow is truly Brazilian. Our government and citizens don't
support this kind of BS.

I'm afraid it's nonsense to keep trying to prove that CNN didn't lie. It
didn't.

Regards,
Reb=EAlo.
--