Re: Book Arts?

Micheal -

Your points are well taken - but I can't agree with your last comment.

> If you want to talk about binding materials, fine. That's trying to refocus
> your energies on the quotidian commitments of life. But asking people to talk
> about the attack somewhere else, please, because you don't want the topic to
> interrupt your shop talk really trivializes both your own craft and the issues
> of life and death that the attacks and the war preparations embrace.

Drop by your local library - walk up to 686.302 and take a look at the
subject matter shelved there.

If someone wanted to devote the entire library to 686.302, that would
trivialize the craft or art -  specialization is for insects.

I have a manual for a B17 bomber printed, published, and BOUND during
WWII.  That binder's art was good enough to produce that manual and
protect it for many years beyond it's necessary life.  The arts of war
extend far beyond the obvious.

Still, the internet and usenet are broad enough to support a wide
diversity of opinion and discussion - but the basic contract of any
usenet posting is to read the FAQ and stay on topic.

--
     KenMc - conmara@grandcanyonhiker.com
       http://www.grandcanyonhiker.com