Re: Book Arts and the WTC

Hello everyone,

Just like everyone else, for the first few days after the WTC/Pentagon
tragedy, I felt numb and didn't accomplish much work, let alone feel
creative. Slowly, that is changing.

We are bent, but we're not broken.

Nothing will ever be the same again, but we can do something positive to
honor the innocent loss of life and do what artists have always done: lend a
creative voice and sensitive perspective to a horrific event.

Something that could ease pain would be to form a Memorial Art Gallery on the
Internet, where anyone, anywhere in the world, would be invited to express
whatever kind of art they do: book art, painting, drawing, prints, essays,
etc.

I am willing to participate in forming the website and help to underwrite the
cost. If anyone would like to contact me, please do so off-list.

Mary Crest

In a message dated 9/17/01 11:27:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mcafeeck@LDSCHURCH.ORG writes:

> This list comprises both my conservation friends and my art friends. Thus,
>  I believe there will be those who  want to discuss technique. And there
will be       > those who feel it is essential to discuss life.