Re: ink jet vs. laser

I'm not entirely sure of the facts here (and I am very open to correction)
but I understand there may be some differences between laser printers and
inkjets in terms of archivalness. Referring back to Jules' comments, laser
printers operate by using toner to apply images to paper, while inkjets use
ink that becomes part of the paper. And I guess there's a possibility that
toner won't stick forever.

I've only ever printed one book in a non-traditional way, and that was
printed using Fabriano Ingres through a photocopier. I knew there might be
some problems with longevity, especially using such a thick paper, so I
sprayed the finished pages with a spray fixitive. So far so good, after six
years, but who knows. I'm sticking to letterpress.

John Cutrone
Red Wagon Press
http://www.redwagonpress.com