Re: ink jet vs. laser

In a message dated 10/2/01 6:10:50 AM, jcutrone@FAU.EDU writes:

<< Referring back to Jules' comments, laser
printers operate by using toner to apply images to paper, while inkjets use
ink that becomes part of the paper. And I guess there's a possibility that
toner won't stick forever. >>

Since toner is also what copiers use, I can say that I have had experiences
where the toner does come off the paper. Several years ago, for my annual
Christmas story, I used a parchment type paper that did not accept the copier
toner very well. The text offset onto facing pages and in other ways rubbed
off or offset onto other papers, the envelope, etc. Something to think about.
Barbara Harman