ink, toner, wax

sounds like bell, book and candle

Thanks for all the good responses concerning the benefits of copier rather
than letter press printing techniques. I had never heard of the wax idea
until reading yesterday's list - and so promptly asked my computer guru for
his input. I copy his findings below just as an interesting FYI.

 Yes, be VERY careful NOT to make many copies of this output on a copier
(Ink
> melts to glass!) and only leave it in car/truck/storage in the winter,
since
> it melts and runs/sticks to whatever it is touching in hot weather.  It is
not
> water soluble, so if you spill water on it, it will not run, HOWEVER, be
> careful not to scratch the page with your fingernail, or anything sharper,
> because the image will scratch off the page.  AND throw out your laminator
> (for permanent signs, etc.) because if you run this through it it can take
up
> to 4 hours (it took me that long) to clean the wax (sorry, "solid ink")
out of
> the laminator.  These are just a few of the known limitations of "solid
ink".
> ALSO, be VERY careful to know that every time you power-cycle the printer
(or
> have a power failure) it costs ~ $7-$12 worth of ink to re-warm, and flush
the
> print heads!  This number is NOT figured into any "life" numbers for the
"ink"
> specifications!  Otherwise, it's a great media!

Personally, I think I will combine the good elements of laser with the good
elements of Epson 2000P - and when the project and pocket book allow, I
think letter press is the best.

A.