Re: ink jet vs. laser

This is true enough, but....

So, there I was, making some photocopies at a historical society, using
their Sharps brand copier, when I noticed the smell of charring paper.

In the 'out tray' were four sheets of paper; the last one was scorched
almost halfway up.  I decided against making a 5th copy, and notified
the duty librarian who explained that clients had been complaining
about toner dusting off their copies so the technician had ramped
up the heat setting.

Jack

(Snip)
>Several laser printers, e.g. Hewlett-Packard model 8100, allow one
>to adjust the fuser roller temperature.

>Rupert N. Evans

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.