Fwd: a question

This is a question from a person not on the list.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Claudia

>I was wondering if you knew what "composing equipment" is.  The reason I
>ask is because of a job announcement I found, it is written below.
>Areas of special attention are: Working knowledge of the methods,
>materials and equipment used for composition layout, printing and bindery
>work; the abilities and limitations of a variety of word processing and
>graphics programs; printing
>terminology; the English language; spelling; grammar and punctuation.

>Ability to operate a variety of composing equipment to compose copy of a
>varied and difficult nature;

>utilize word processing, spreadsheet, or data-base software programs;
>proofread copy and detect errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
>write sufficient to document printing specifications; understand and
>follow complex oral and written instructions; and utilize a local area
>network (LAN).

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit
San Diego State University Library
and Information Access
San Diego, CA  92182-8050

cstall@mail.sdsu.edu

"Be kind, do your best work, and touch the earth
gently"