Re: adhesives for chartham translucents

Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:19 AM
Subject: adhesives for chartham translucents

> does anyone have any info about a non-buckling
> adhesive for affixing plain paper to chartham translucent (24 lb)?
>  pva buckles - rubber cement dries flat, but I'd rather the thing
> didn't fall apart in weeks or years.

Have you tried "Yes" brand "stikflat" paste?  It has less water
in it that other glues, and so far as I know it is good over a long time.
A lot of the bookmakers I know use it for material that is prone
to buckling, or in areas where they want very little moisture involved
with their gluing.  It's rather similar to the wax-based glue found
in "gluesticks" that little kids used.  I'm not sure how it will work
with the translucent, but it's worth a shot.  You should be able to
get it at local arts and crafts stores, it comes in little tubs for just
over $10.

Hope this helps,
Michelle