Thanks to responses to my bookcloth question

Thanks to Theresa, LeAnne, Kathy, Cathy and David. My new question is how do
you determine if a material is archival? I've bought colored construction
paper at Costco that's labeled archival. Some glue sticks are labeled
archival. It's almost getting to be like where everything you buy in a super
market is labeled organic.(I guess meaning amything that's not inorganic).
Just what does archival mean and is there anyway you can till if it is, other
than taking the manufacture's word for it?  Diane