Re: Letterpress & digital typefaces

Steve Miller wrote:

>We go after the best possible platemaking
>and compare it to the best letterpress printing of metal types.

Steve, has anyone in your group taken the digital fonts and edited the
dropout control, delta hinting, fpgm table, or prep table to optimize
them for the particular combination of photopolymer process, press,
ink and rollers you have chosen?

Perhaps one could also experiment with font editing for changes in
humidity. Depending on what rollers you are using, I'd expect to see a
difference in ink spread that could perhaps be compensated for during
digital output. Is that far fetched?  I used to keep separate summer
and winter rollers on hand (different composition with different
hygroscopic properties), and have not found an "all season" roller
that is as good as that.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com