From:   Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]  On Behalf Of Phil Karn,Sr.
Sent:   Friday, October 12, 2001 1:23 AM
To:     BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject:        SCANNERS

According to conventional wisdom, all scanners that are a part of a
combined printer/scanner/copier/fax  all-in-one machine are inherently
inferior to stand alone
scanners. Has anyone done a side by side comparison? I'm looking for a
scanner that will do "near service bureau quality"  :- ) on color photos at
a reasonable price for a non-professional.