Re: Japanese Stab Binding

Sean -

the first book binding class i ever took taught me to do stab bindings this
way:

prepare your text block and clamp tightly (binder clips, c-clamps, anything)
use a popular Dremel rotary tool to drill the holes (you can get it at Home
Depot for about $60)
sew the binding while the text block is still clamped
and voila. . .

i've never had any problems using the dremel to punch holes - except finding
the smallest bits for my miniature books.

this remains is one of the most valuable book binding techniques i've
learned to date . ..

good luck!

- dina