dremel for japanese stab binding

you need to protect your front and back covers when using the dremel, =
otherwise the binder's board becomes raised at the point of entry for =
the hole and the layers of the binders board become "warped" (for lack =
of a better term) as you push your dremel through.  also the tool can =
tear your cover material.  i put a strip of thin cardboard the height of =
the cover between each of my covers, and then place my "stitching =
pattern" or my "drill hole pattern" on top of that and clamp it all =
together with binder's clamps.  so the layers are as follows: cardboard, =
back cover, text block, front cover, cardboard, and stitching pattern.  =
then i drill my holes.  i also take cheap corrugated cardboard and tape =
several layers of this together to place under my book as i drill.  is =
that clear as mud?
karen