Re: Japanese Stab Binding

Sean and others,

I cheat and use a hand held electric drill with a 1/16th inch bit.  It
takes a little practice to get it the hole straight up and down, but it's
not a big deal.  I also sandwich the text block between two pieces of scrap
20 pt board and rubberbands to keep it all tight when I drill.  The holes
come out just big enough to handle the multiple threads going through them.
If you do a fancier sewing, such as tortoise-shell, you may have to use
pliers to pull the thread through the last time or two.

Alan Van Dyke
Austin, TX