Club of San Francisco, cordially invite you to a WAYZGOOSE, a gala fest and
private viewing of Artists' Books in the Modern Era 1870-2000, The Reva and
David Logan Collection of Illustrated Books.

Wednesday, December 5, 2001

6:00 - 9 PM

The California Palace of the Legion of Honor

$25. per person

RSVP by November 23

Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres

Printing Demonstration of a David Lance Goines original as a keepsake at 7:30

************

WAYZGOOSE ('waz , gus) old English, n. 1 a printers' annual outing or
entertainment. "The Master printer gives them a wayzgoose; that is he makes
them a good feast, and not only entertains them at his own house, but
besides, gives them money to spend at the Ale house or Tavern at Night."
Mechanicks Exercises, Printing. Moxon, 1683. (The first book on printing).

We are redefining WAYZGOOSE in the 21st century to mean a fellowship of
BIBLIOPHILES who are meeting for a convivial evening of food, drink and
merriment.

KEEPSAKE : David Lance Goines "WAYZGOOSE 2001"

Pertinent information for WAYZGOOSE 2001:

DATE: December 5, 2001 TIME: 6:00 - 9 PM PLACE: California Palace of the
Legion of Honor

INVITATIONS:

The RSVP date is by November 23.

RSVPs: Will be handled by Sally Treadway at Stanford.

COST: $25. a person.

The cost per person is low because we have to give the party ourselves. We
will need volunteers from each group to help set up, man the bar, the front
door, clear up, etc. We will need about 30 people. We will have each person
work only a half hour.

SPONSORS: we are looking for sponsors to help underwrite the event for
$500. or $1000. Their name will go on the invitation. We have one sponsor
so far.

OTHER: Plenty of hors d'oeuvres, wine (donated?) no host bar, and a printing

Demonstration with keepsake for each guest.

CONTACTS:
  Susan Filter, President of the Colophon Club, 415-931-3396 (I will be out
of town Oct. 13-27);
Emily Marcus, President Artists' Book Council, 415-922-4848;
Peter Koch, printer 510-849-0673

Peter Rutledge Koch
2203 Fourth Street Berkeley,CA 94710
  tel: 510 849-0673