Re: Stab Binding

I don't really want to sound like the lurking novice that I am, but I have to
know -

In the discussion about stab binding/ japanese binding, someone mentioned an
inner-binding.  Does this mean that you stab bind the text block and then stab
bind the covers and the text block together?  So you are essentially binding
the book twice?  Won't it then be difficult to fully open the book (especially
important for a blank journal)?  How would you compensate for that?

I can definitely see the advantages, and can think of a few aesthetic quirks
it would solve for me

Thanks -
Kat