Starting Out- How do I begin?

Hello List!
I am currently a senior working toward my BFA in printmaking, but i would
really like to get into book conservation. I am exploring book art (my
passion) for my BFA exhibit. I am planning on applying to MCAD in
Minneapolis and Columbia College in Chicago. I need to get an internship
next summer to fulfill my BFA requirements, and I am looking at a few
places. Mainly I would just like some advice on how to get started, what it
takes to be a practicing book artist/conservator, what schools are good,
internship opportunities (have you got any?) etc. etc.

Thanks a lot!
-Jen Colbert