Re: What we are doing

Milton Watkins wrote:
>Well somebody asked, what jobs we are doing?

It's great seeing what people are doing. For me the interesting thing
on the page
http://www.bookbinding.com.au/Gallery%201.htm
was not the photo of the royal signatures, but the before and after
pix of the restored spines that were eaten by your client's dog:

=============photo captions copied below=
These two volumes ' Victoria and it's Metropolis ' were given to my
client
to borrow, while they were at her house her dogs ate the top of the
spines.

The end result after digitally reproducing the artwork on the spines,
then to make
photopolymer plates off this artwork and foil them onto the new
leather spines.
=============end==================

I've never used photopolymer for hot foil stamping--  I thought the
heat would melt or at least soften the polymer. The finished product
looks excellent ( I'd also like to see a close-up detail of the
original spine panels and the photopolymer-reproduced ones side by
side).

Can you give us some more details about how you did this, including
what brand of photopolymer was used, and anything else you think is
interesting or useful (what software you composed in, was there a scan
of the original or was it new artwork, etc.)?

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com