Re: Flag book delimma

I have used the flag structure in my book Tacky Churches (see attached);
this example uses images and text, as you can see, but the items on any one
page are not dependent on seeing items on another (as reading a threaded
line of text, for example). I also have an example from another artist where
she used a three-flag column, putting one word on each flag on the top row;
then threaded text on the second row. Part of the words were hidden, as you
mention in your dilemma, but comprehending the book was not hurt by this. In
fact, it was helped because the text was slowly revealed.

I hope this helps.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588

Remember: Book arts will save the world!