Simple, inexpensive paper

Dear List:  My sister is working with troubled teenagers in a program with
very little money.  She's looking for a source for inexpensive decorated
paper - machine-printed marbled patterns or patterned papers.  We are *not*
talking original or archival.

Are there any teachers out there who can give me some ideas/sources to pass
along.

Also, any hints on creating simple books with materials easily found around
the house or in small towns  without art stores.

Think of it as a challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Artemis BonaDea
North Bound Books