plyboard/photo album

I have a few questions for you esteemed folks!
 1)  What is the proper way to make plyboard for a
heavy book? I typed that into the search engine and
got no results.

2)  How thick a board should a relatively thick (1
inch) and large size (11 by 17 sheets) photo album
have?

3)  Can anyone recommend a sturdy flat-opening stitch
or structure that would work for an album of this
size?

Thanks so much for your help, I truly appreciate the
expertise and insights of this list's members.

-Carrie Valenzuela