Re: Looking for Non-destructive case binding technique

How about lining the spines with good linen (not mull or crash), wider
than the textblock so that you've a linen inner hinge ready to lay down
under the pastedowns. Sew from inside centers of first and last few
signatures out to the spine, tying or even just gluing down the tails.
The linen provides a sturdy base to anchor this sewing on. One can then
tip on endsheets rather than oversew, or even sew made endsheets to the
linen hinge, thus relieving all pressure on the textblock. This is no
more work than oversewing endsheets.

Bob