to glue or not to glue

I could use some advice. I'm making a blank book, and stamp mounts
will be mounted on the recto of each page. So the book won't splay,
I've cut paper stubs that I intend to sew in along the spine to bulk
it out. My question is this: should I leave the stubs "free-floating"
or should I PVA them down to the adjacent leaves? Is there a reason
to prefer one over the other?

Thanks,

Steve