Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Nov 2001 to 9 Nov 2001 (#2001-302)

In a message dated 11/10/01 1:09:18 AM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<< I enjoyed seeing the on-line exhibition of SO CALled Books at the
Center for Book Arts in New York, and look forward to seeing
a reciprocal exhibition of NEW YORKed Books.
Is it in the works? >>

I curated an exhibition called "Back East" that was the counterpart show...It
was on exhibition at the San Francisco Center for the Book in Summer 2000.

In 1999, we organised 2 exhibitions ( North & South) at the Center for Book
Arts in order for us East coasters to see what was happening on the West
coast.  Steve Woodall at SFCB curated the Northern half and that was on
exhibit at the NY Center in 1999.  The SoCal portion had to be posponed when
the NY Center lost its lease, etc etc. and is only now happening many delays.
 The "Back East show also was delayed from 1999 to 2000 as I had a baby that
year.
SFCB produced a great checklist for the "Back East" exhibition which you
might be able to still get from them.  Unfortunately, it never got online.
- Robbin Ami Silverberg
Dobbin Books
Dobbinmill@aol.com