Kutrimmer Slips

Hi All,

I hope you can stand one more Kutrimmer question. I haven't seen this
one before and I could really use some ideas.

When cutting .98 or .74 binders board pieces at are smaller than say  4
or 5 inches wide, the board tends to slip during cutting resulting in
off-square cuts. A recent 1" wide board was off by almost 3 mm top to
bottom.  Happens whether I'm using the front gauge or the back gauge.

I am trying to put as much weight on the clamp as possible to hold it in
place. I have also tried to cut the board twice--once about 1/4" from my
final cut. Still no better.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Laura