Re: Paper source

Thank you all for your input on finding an economical source for Mohawk
Superfine.  After visiting Mohawk's site at http://www.mohawkpaper.com  I
contacted the local distributor listed there
for New Hampshire, Linden Meyer Monroe in Manchester, NH  The quote I got
there was as follows
Mohawk Superfine White/Eggshell surface, 23"X35" 70lb
Per 1000
Less than carton (1000 sheets) $447.70/thousand
One carton (1000 sheets)        $284.11/thousand

The rep then suggested that since I wanted to purchase less than a carton --
actually 300 sheets -- that I contact local printers who do business
regularly with Linden Meyer Monroe. He gave me several names and the
product's specific order number.  Since the printer gets the benefit of
overall volume purchase prices I got a good deal too. Another benefit for me
was a local pick up point

One quick call a local printer and I got a quote for 300 sheets of the
specified paper for $75.00.(.25/sheet instead of .447/sheet)  This would
have cost $134.31 directly from Linden Meyer AND I would have to drive 45
miles further from my studio to pick it up.

This is a win/win/win.  The distributor gets the business via a regular
account (no new account, regular delivery), the printer makes a profit on a
minimal amount of work (phone call, taking my payment) and I get a great
price on the quantity of paper I wanted.
Best Regards,
Bette Abdu in New Hampshire