Re: Work table

I just built a nice, large work table that is on castors, so I can roll it
out of the way if necessary. It mostly lives in the middle of my studio.
It's 4'x6'x38" high, very stable and made very inexpensively of two by fours
with a plywood top (filled, sanded and painted white) and another plywood
shelf near the bottom. The table is just a bit too high, but workable. I
will take it apart and cut it down one of these fine days. Meanwhile it
works well enough. When I have workshops, there is lots of room for the
workers, who sometimes sit at stools. I almost always stand.

In this studio, I have another smaller workbench that is 30" by 72" by 35"
high, made in a similar fashion, but with a hollow-core door as the top.
This table is useful for work that requires me to get lower over the work,
such as cutting large pieces. If I'd had my druthers, I'd have put drawers
in both tables, but I'm told these can be added at any time, so no loss.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH
513-233-9588

Remember: Book arts will save the world!