Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Nov 2001 to 16 Nov 2001 (#2001-309) Cockerells' Polishing Irons

>  ------------------------------
>
>  Date:    Fri, 16 Nov 2001 07:40:06 -0800
>  From:    lehmann1 <lehmann@LEHMANNBINDERY.COM>
>  Subject: Cockerell polishing iron

>            CENTRAL NEW YORK BOOK ARTS: TRADITIONAL TO INNOVATIVE
>             See The Exhibition Online, And Order Your Catalog.
>                        <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>  Please excuse any cross posting.
>
>  I would like to purchase a second hand Cockerell polishing iron.  It
>  needs to be made by the firm Cockerell and Son and be of the spade shape
>  for spines, not the barrel shape.
>
>  If anyone has one that they would be willing to sell, please contact me
>  directly at: lehmann@lehmannbindery.com
>
>  Thank you,
>  Frank Lehmann
>  Lehmann Bindery

I am not aware of a source of second hand items, although I have seen them in
UK auctions.

Certainly they are still available (both types as in Cockerell's book on p.192)
and are mentioned in my copies of UK catalogues from J. Hewitt & Sons Ltd,
Russell Bookcrafts and P&S Engraving.  If you want any further info please
contact off list at <rod.fry@amsjv.com>

Regards
Rodney Fry