Re: Work Table/cutting matts

>Any thots on the benefits of various brands of the self healing mats?
>Could they be sanded down to improve their life?

Yes, there is a special sander/cleaner for rotary cutting mats.  again in
the quilter supply section.

My favorite is the green Olfa mat.  The majority in my Quilt Guild have the
same preference because of the visibility of the yellow lines and the
accuracy of the measurements along the edge.

Another source for mats is Michael's.  Here in San Diego there is a 40% off
coupon nearly every week in the Sunday paper.  They have the rulers and
rotary cutters in the same aisle.

Cathy Dery