Re: MAINE BOOK ARTS INQUIRY

Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:03 AM
Subject: MAINE BOOK ARTS INQUIRY

>we would be deeply appreciative of any suggestions concerning
>bookmakers, bookbinders, suppliers, booksellers, publishers,
> book courses, teachers, or just plain book lovers who are located
>in the Portland through Mid-Coast areas.

Hi!
Offhand I would start by recommending a visit to the Bakery Studios
at 61 Pleasant Street (in Portland).  There are at least two excellent
book arts studios in the building, both very friendly.  The first is David
Wolfe (he is my book arts instructor at the Maine College of Art)
who runs a letterpress operation pretty much single-handedly, and
teaches bookbinding, etc.
The second is Scott Mullenberg who is a hand bookbinder.  Scott
is also a good resource if you are looking for nice papers, paper
cutting services, bookcloth, etc.

Welcome to Maine!
Michelle