Re: Maine Book Arts Query

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 7:52 AM
Subject: Maine Book Arts Query

> The Baxter Society meets in Portland, although I don't know
> as much about the organization as I would like too.
I've been to one of the meetings, it was terrific, they had an amazing
visiting artist, Angela Lorenz:
http://www.talkabout.it/profile/P0003.html
http://www.britishcouncil.org/italy/english/arts/bologna/lorenz.htm

I believe they meet the first Wednesday of every month at the Maine
Historical Society on Congress Street.

 > There are a number of paper sources [snip]
Don't forget Art Mart!  Their Portland store is just expanding
now (they've moved into the space Artist & Craftsman occupied
under Maine College of Art's Porteous building, again on Congress
Street) and I believe they have a store in Saco too.  For such a
small store they have a reasonably well fleshed-out paper selection,
not to mention plenty of craft bookbinding supplies (bookcloth, thread,
pastes, tools, etc).

:)

Michelle
Portland, ME