Re: permission to use fees

> From: Alicia <aliciabailey@QWEST.NET>
> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:35:03 -0700
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: permission to use fees

> The publisher requesting the fee is asking for a flat fee that amounts to 20%
> of total resale sales, which is too high for me to proceed with the project as
> planned, and may be too high for me to proceed at all.

It's common to pay the author a reprint fee. The last one I got was $350 for
an article on the Beach Boys (http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts/wilson.htm>

Just tell them that you can't afford it and will have to cancel the whole
project, which is a shame for the author, etc. and make a counter-offer at
least 50% lower than you really need.

--

JULES SIEGEL Apdo 1764 Cancun Q. Roo 77501
http://www.cafecancun.com