Re: bookmakers using recycled materials

Hello Emma:

I read your post with interest, as I had a show this summer in a local
gallery (Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada) of my "Found Object Journals". The
objects are the starting point for each work, though I'm not sure they'd be
considered "recycled" in a commercial sense.

One series was based on found bird feathers, another of driftwood/weathered
wood. Many papers were hand-made, although other objects were best reflected
by commercial papers.

It was a fascinating process. If this fits your criteria, please let me
know.

Out of curiosity, how would you describe your work? Does the University have
a website re: papermaking/bookbinding?

Regards,
Paula Wintink-smith
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada