Re: how to clean cloth covered boards

You could try with vulcanized rubber sponge.  It will only remove surface dirt,
but that is a start.  I once spit cleaned a silk covered book, but it takes
forever.  I also wonder if spit cleaning is really all that clean, as far as the
next person handling it is concerned.  It does work, but only if the dye is
color fast.
 Dorothy Africa