inkjet printers

I am just beginning to combine digital images with artwork, and would =
like to know if anyone out there knows about the longevity of inkjet =
prints.  I have been using an HP 722 on photopaper, and coating it with =
a photographic lacquer.  I am told this will make it last up to 80 =
years.  I have heard that Epson makes special inks that are long =
lasting.  I would like to print on my archival handmade papers with =
something that will last and not rubb off.  What are the possibilities? =
Thanks.