More about mouldy books

On the above subject, a friend of mine has acquired some interesting books
from a jumble sale, but many of them are mouldy.

I wonder if any of you proper bookbinders out there (I am a book-maker
rather than -binder) would have any advice for him on how to renovate them,
or at least stop the mould spreading? Would cleaning with the eraser crumbs
as mentioned in recent emails be appropriate?

Any comments would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Deb Rindl
Talk Sense Press
London