Re: Epson color printers

In response fo Betty Storz -

I recently bought the C80, partly because of comments I read on this
list. I like it a lot!

I had an older HP Photosmart (not very old, only a couple of years -
it's the one with the big footprint that doesn't bend your paper) and
discovered that new cartridges would have come to half the price of the
C80, so I sprung for the new Epson. The photorepro is excellent, better
than the HP was (and I liked that one better than the Epsons available
when I got it).
In principle I prefer separate color cartridges, so I don't have the
infuriating experience of throwing away the red and yellow because I had
a job with a lot of blue. And the fade-resistent ink and very quick
black printing are also valuable, although I mostly use my old HP
Laserjet IIIp workhorse for everyday printing of ordinary text, as well
as for originals for high-quality photocopying or offset printing (in
this latter case, I use very high quality paper, and I've always been
satisfied with the result).

In short, I'm happy with the C80. I don't have experience with the
others.
--
Judith Kerman
Saginaw Valley State University