Re: Epson Printers

I just reviewed all the web sources on the C80, and it seems like the best
printer for small work.  I wish it took a bigger sheet. I have 2 inkjet projects
in my shop right now and needed a printer with archival water resistant inks to
print about 700 pages.  But the pages on one are 9" and the other 9 1/2" tall.
So I had to buy an Epson 2000P 6-color printer (13" wide compared to the c80's
8.5"). It's slower, of course, and half the "resolution." But if you look at the
test prints, the 1440 dots of the 2000p look sharper than the 2880 of the c80.
Probably because of the 6 color head.

On the other hand, they do claim 200 year images. And they look fantastic.

Take a look at the compariso prints on the web, magnified 24x. There is also the
metamerism problem of pigment inks (they look different colors in different
light-- kmore so than dye-based inks).
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/2000p/metamerism.html

They have a good c80 page at
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/c80/index.html